Just seconds ago, a 180-foot-tall Mike Wazowski from the upcoming Disney●Pixar film “Monsters University”made the official announcement that we’re keeping three theme parks open for 24 hours on Memorial Day Weekend, the traditional start of the family travel season, to kick off a Monstrous Summer on both coasts. Wazowski, the loveable green-bodied, one-eyed monster, joins best pal James P. Sullivan (“Sulley”) in the prequel to “Monsters, Inc.”, this summer as college students with hopes of becoming Scarers.
Our first-ever, three-park all-night party is happening at the Magic Kingdom Park in Florida and Disneyland park and Disney California Adventure park in California. The parks will stay open from 6 a.m., May 24 to 6 a.m., May 25, 2013, local time.
- In Florida, Magic Kingdom Park will feature a “Monsters University” theme where Mike and Sulley will be the Grand Marshals of the “Celebrate a Dream Come True” day parade and make appearances in Tomorrowland. There will be extra entertainment throughout the day and night, including characters in their pajamas in Town Square during the late night and early morning, and late-night dance parties in and around the courtyard of Cinderella Castle.
- In California, you’ll be able to party the night away at both parks with special entertainment including: a “Monsters University” “TLT Monstrous” Dance Club and Star Wars characters in Tomorrowland and late-night Character Pajama Party in Mickey’s ToonTown at Disneyland park. The new Fantasy Faire Royal Theatre at Disneyland park will become a Royal Dance Hall late at night with a live band and dancing; and guests of Disney California Adventure park will find Monstrous photo opportunities with new “Monsters University” “Dorms” in Hollywood Land and a new “Monsters University” float leading the Pixar Play Parade.
All content courtesy of Disney Parks Blog.
Welcome to those of you joining me from Return to Disney and those of you just hopping aboard. I am the 4th stop on our Magical Blogorail.
Hey everyone and welcome to another stop on the Magical Blogorail, Yellow line! Today we are talking about our favorite tips and tricks for the Disney Parks. I have chosen today to discus Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
I know that when people think of going to Walt Disney World they might think mainly about the Magic Kingdom and maybe EPCOT. However Hollywood Studios has a lot to offer as well with just as much magic as the other parks.
When in Hollywood Studios there are several “Must Do’s” I will list my top 5.
- Toy Story Midway Mania. This ride is extremely popular in this park, so if you would like to ride this ride get to the park when it opens and head to get a FastPass right away.
- Tower of Terror. This ride a fun thrill ride for brave children along with teens and adults. If you would like to ride this ride I have found that the best times to ride is on nights when there are 2 Fantasmic is playing. Skip the first showing of Fantasmic and ride rides! The first Fantasmic is the busiest.
- Star Tours. In this motion simulated ride; you get the chance to blast through the cosmos with the cast of Star Wars. A tip, if you are prone to motion sickness you might want to sit this one out, it can get pretty intense.
- Rock ’N’ Rollercoaster. This high-speed rollercoaster is one of the most popular rides in all of Walt Disney World. Personally I have never been on this ride but my two sisters love it! A trick that we always do is we either decide to ride Tower of Terror first or Rock ‘n’ roller coaster. Which ever ride we are not waiting in line for we go and get a FastPass for. This way when we get off the ride we waited in line for it is almost time for our FastPass’ for the other ride. (NOTE: This trick may only work well together in slower seasons and in the first few hours of park opening)
- Great Movie Ride. To me a visit to Hollywood Studios is never complete unless you ride the Great Movie Ride. A trick to riding this with minimal wait, that I have found, is to wait when there is a parade happening or any other large gathering of people, (Fantasmic). Also riding when park opens generally has a small line.
There is so much to do in Hollywood Studios and we just scratched the surface. There are tons of great places to eat and several amazing rides left to see and do. One of my absolute favorite things to see is Walt Disney’s One Mans Dream. It is such an amazing exhibit telling a small story of Walt Disney and how he became the great man he was and how he built such a legacy. Over all there are tons of tips out there on how to get the most Disney for your buck, my biggest tip is to have FUN! So many people stress over “seeing it all” they don’t take in the small details Disney is so known for.
Thanks for joining me today on the Magical Blogorail.
Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is DISTherapy.
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:
1st Stop ~ Delightfully Disney
2nd Stop ~ Magical Mouse Schoolhouse
3rd Stop ~Return to Disney
4th Stop ~ Magik Mouse
Final Stop ~ DIStherapy