Category Archives: Just For Fun
Hello all! As you may or may not know when you step foot inside Disney you are stepping foot into a “Show”. Disney being an entertainment company, likes to stay with this theme and I love it! I have found out some real cool things behind what makes this company work, along with some neat details you may not have seen. Today I will be sharing a cool thing I learned on my last trip the Walt Disney World in October.
While working in the Magic Kingdom in 2012 I came across a little story that a guest told me one day. He proclaimed that there was a flag on Main Street USA that was fake and was eligible to stay out in the weather, rain or shine since that flag was fake. I immediately became interested in this story and asked fellow Cast Members at work to see if they knew what I he talking about. None did. With work being really busy and family coming to visit, what seemed like weekly, I never took the time to walk down Main Street to investigate this story until my most recent trip.
I was waiting to meet a friend at Starbucks when I caught myself taking random shots with my camera of Main Street USA. Then it hit me, THE FLAG! I immediately went walking down Main Street in search of the flag to only realize EVERY SINGLE FLAG was a FAKE!
Yes all the flags on the rooftops of Main Street USA are fake, obviously the main flag pole at Town Square is real and the one on the Train Station is as well I believe. This to me was such a cool find. It is a detail almost no one would ever notice and I did!
The fake flags have only 38 stars instead of 50 making them fake. Since they are fake they can be left out in any sort of weather condition and doesn’t have to be illuminated at night. One of the 4 Disney Basics is Efficiency and that my friends is definitely efficient.
Well thanks for stopping by, I hope you learned something cool and please be sure to LIKE US on FB and share our posts! Thanks and Have a Magical Day!
Hey everyone! I know its been forever since I wrote but the good news is that I am almost done with school and I will be a much better Disney fan, LOL!
I know this is a little late but I hope every one had a great Halloween. In early October I got to attend Mickeys Not So Scary. This was the first time I have ever attended this event and it was AMAZING! I absolutely loved the theming and all the little Halloween related details that are not normally at the park.
When I returned from my Disney World trick I started to plan some cool activities for the actual day itself with some family. I saw on youtube some great ideas and decided to try them out for myself.
I created my very own Grim Grinning Ghosts Singing Busts.
I created this effect with a projector, singing heads video, (available on youtube) and styrofoam heads from Hobby Lobby. In all this made an amazing effect and will definitely do this again.
Stay tuned for more Magic and Disney News!
Staying up-to-date now days is very important. Here at Magik Mouse have tried to make it a little easier for you to stay up-to-date with new blog posts, upcoming giveaways and much more magic soon to come. To get your Magik Mouse “App” simply follow these instructions.
- Open Safari and go to http://www.magikmouse.com.
- Touch the “Share Button” (square with arrow jumping out)
- Next, touch “Add To Home Screen”
- Name the icon whatever you desire, by default it will be named, Magik Mouse
- Enjoy and stay up-to-date!
If you are a Disney fan than it is no shock that you have heard the news about Tom Hanks play the man himself, Walt Disney in Saving Mr. Banks. Saving Mr. Banks is a story on how Walt Disney gained the rights to P.L. Travers (Emma Thompson) book Mary Poppins, to create the Disney film, Mary Poppins. Below is the theatrical trailer of this, in my opinion AMAZING, film. What do you think about it? Comment below and let us know!
For a limited time Disney fans around the world can gain membership to D23 for FREE from the Disney Store. Don’t worry about paying $75 a year, join for FREE. Don’t miss your chance to become a part of the magic! With a membership you will get:
A One-Year D23 Free Membership Includes:
- Members-Only Website Content: Access to exclusive content on D23.com including interviews with Disney stars and luminaries, behind-the-scenes looks at the latest movies and theme park attractions, vintage film clips, never-before-seen artwork and photography from the Walt Disney Archives and the complete, updated Disney A to Z.
- D23 Expo: D23 Members receive a special discount on tickets to the Ultimate Disney Fan Event
- Exclusive Merchandise: D23 offers its members access to exclusive, limited-edition merchandise and collectibles
- Subscription to weekly D23 FanFare e-newsletter with breaking news, exclusive features and special offers
- Special promotional offers and discounts throughout the year
- Plus, stay connected to D23 every day at Disney.com/D23, featuring up-to-the-minute Disney news, feature stories, event info, merchandise and more
To sign up and become a D23 member for FREE click, HERE or click the image below!! Remember this is a LIMITED TIME OFFER so sign up fast!